May 18, 2024, 07:51:26 AM

Author Topic: Winter Plans  (Read 314 times)

Jett.Sprockett

• TOTAS Members
  • My Ride: 1984 Trans Am 15th Anniversary Edition
Winter Plans
« on: November 10, 2021, 12:04:24 AM »
Since I saw the Salters out, I put up my shelter and began mentally preparing myself for the cold winter nights ahead working on the car.
The list of what I'd like to get done this winter...
-Swap my axle for my spare...one of my calipers seems to have a bent mounting bracket, or the slider pin is biased upwards.
This means I'll have a LSD unit coming available to sell or barter. (no gears, keeping the 3.08s off the spare axle for a future manual swap back)
-Replace my power antenna
-Rebuild my headlight motors, and do a bit of polishing on that alloy headlight cover... Not the whole thing, maybe just a slight lip.
-Get rid of all the excess wiring under the hood... California emissions system long gone. Gotta finish tidying that up. Maybe source a engine harness from something else.
-A whole lot in the interior. Scavenge some better seats...the recaros look cool, but they're not aging gracefully, and I need something left to refresh when I can afford it.
Change out all the little miscellaneous smalls that have aged and broken, like seat rail bolt covers, change my center console, and use up all the replacement parts I've scavenged over the past couple years.
If I get ambitious, try to figure out what's screwed up in the Bose sound system. The woofers are damaged, but I can't recall if they were seized or outright cooked. They don't make so much as a rustle.
There is an A.I. project in the works... But I'm not going into much there until I've got something basic working, or I've scrapped the concept for being excessively complicated or costly.
Now, if I get money... I'm spending a bit of it on a 700r4 rebuild kit. And a new TCC. Cause the godawful shake I get above 110....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal