May 19, 2024, 04:01:29 AM

Author Topic: Niagara's 15th Anniversary Survivor  (Read 286 times)

Jett.Sprockett

• TOTAS Members
  • My Ride: 1984 Trans Am 15th Anniversary Edition
Niagara's 15th Anniversary Survivor
« on: September 12, 2021, 04:19:59 PM »
Hello, Some of you may have met me in person, may have seen my car in the Niagara area.
It's an unrestored 1984 15th anniversary Trans Am, with a 350 instead of the still-worthy L69 that was O.E. Short list of the engine work includes splayed mains, 10-10 forged crank and rods, 3/4 cam, the heads are smogggers that are known to crack, I believe the casting is 613, and I'm not touching them until I've got something good to replace them with, but at least the paperwork says there was a 3 angle grind put to the valves.  weiand mid rise intake, shorty headers, stock HEI and a quadrajet from an 83, without any of the solenoids.
Air Conditioning and interior is a work in progress, but it does have the same interior package as the Recaro Trans Am.
Full computer delete I performed, switched to working vacuum advance distributor, I did the lockout kit for its 700-R4 (very easy to do in-car)
When I bought the car in 2017 it had most of the engine work done except the intake and headers, still had a mostly functioning air injection emissions system, an unhappy computer carb, the electronic advance distributor was missing and in its place was a leaking vacuum advance unit.
It's been an Ontario car it's whole life, and it's as clean as any southern car.
I nursed it from dundalk back down to Niagara, and it's been a fun driving project on a budget since.
Photos coming soon.

Wheelman

• Administrator
  • My Ride: 1981 Trans Am
Re: Niagara's 15th Anniversary Survivor
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 06:26:31 PM »
Sounds like a fun ride.
Have you considered a Holley Sniper or Fitech with a locked out distributor?

Jett.Sprockett

• TOTAS Members
  • My Ride: 1984 Trans Am 15th Anniversary Edition
Re: Niagara's 15th Anniversary Survivor
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
I would love to go easy efi, the FI tech units are really attractive, especially with being low and letting me keep my cowl onduction. but I'm unsure about locking out my distributor. It is a daily, and I do take long drives in it, so I'm not certain that would be a good option for me. I do like the quadboxes for the balance of power and economy, and who doesn't love the honk those secondaries make?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal